View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Parts list...how does this look?

Well, I cant blame you for wanting to get the top of the line stuff. When it comes to computers, its extremely hard not to splurge on the latest technology. If I had the extra cash I would deinitely go with the dual processor even though I dont really need it.

The only reason I really suggested the cheaper cpu's is because right now the price is so high....and if you think that you can probably get by with a cheaper cpu for the moment you could save yourself some money and still upgrade down the road if you feel the need. Like I said, the CPUs for the 9393 platform are set to drop in the couple months when AMD releases the M2 socket. I have a socket 754 system and right now the top of the line 754 cpu is almost a 1/3 less then it was at the beginning of the year. It should come down even more with the release of the M2 platform and I should be able to pick up what used to be a $300+ cpu for under $200 in just a few months. But at this point Im not even sure I need to. The A64s are so quick, even the basic CPUs. I upgraded from a Pentium III and Im still amazed at how quick this thing is.

But its all up to you man. Go with what you want and whichever best suits your needs. With that 4200 you'll be set for a long time no doubt. Top of the line stuff.