View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: party 2000NL: blind war: TP2K

Ugly hand. Her min-raise is saying one of two things to me, both of them indicating she has nothing less than an Ace:
- "I have a weakish Ace (AJ, A9) and want to push you out or make you pay if you have a big pocket pair, but not lose too much if you have a better Ace."
- "I have a strong Ace beaten and want to milk you for all your money."

Problem with reraising her is that you won't get called by anything you beat. If she's on AJ or A9 (viable opening hands from the SB) she'll just fold figuring you have a better Ace. If she's on AK or AQ she might fold, but she may very well continue along. And if she can beat AK then she's going to follow you cause I doubt she'll wind up with MUBS and fold thinking you have AA.

This is a pot you need to keep small. I wouldn't reraise it. A call is begging her to bet on the turn, though, which is an ugly proposition cause if she's a solid post-flop player that turn bet should be nothing less than $500, which means it'll cost you $760 to make it to the river, or $260 just to fold on the turn.

I don't like your options here. You're in a situation where you're gonna win what's in the pot or lose a massive amount of money if you continue with the hand. Honestly I'd probably just drop it at this point.

FWIW, I would not have reraised PF, and would not have bet that much on the flop. AQ TP2K isn't a hand you want to play a big pot with unless you're against a terrible player. Your PF reraise and flop bet build the pot very large, making your decisions very tough. I hate doing that with AQ, even if the game was short-handed.

- C -