View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Interesting Hand: Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place

2-5 Private NL game. Preflop I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Wild, but not totally clueless player makes it 15 to go UTG. He has about 400 but is stuck in the game pretty good. I call (I have 300ish). The reason I call is this is the kind of player who might come over the top of me all in with something like 66 if I raise and I really don't need to put my money in like that. Right or wrong, that's my reasoning. Anyway, folded to the BB, a tight-solid player. He calls. This is a little concerning, but since it was a small raise, I'm not too concerned yet.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, steamer bets 15, I call, BB calls. Comments (I know a raise is probably better here, but any merit in calling and seeing what happens on the turn)? Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I'm not really concerned about the loose player, but am quite concerned the tight player is calling on that ragged flop. A flopped set or aces up that turned a boat is possible. Anyway, BB checks, Wild player bets 35, I call, and now BB comes over the top to make the bet 135 straight. Wildman folds and it's up to me. Your action?

Jeff