View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: ($60) early risk w/TT

I posted HERE last night regarding pushing with TT.

The data that would support or not support this call is easy enough to find from Poker Tracker. My stats are included below.

I feel like level one has a special stupidity factor that should be taken into account. Wether or not this factor dissipates as you go up levels, well I am taking shots at the 30's but my home is the 20's so I do not know.

I did not have all that many SNG's in my Pokertracker DB. From what I did have I grabbed the hands from all the times that players went all-in and were called by another player in level one on party. These are 20's.

Here are they hands. They are paired or tripled for hands that are from the same all-in event. These are what they are pushing or calling a push with in level one.

[ Ac, Ah ]
[ Ks, Qh ]

[ Ad, Ac ]
[ Qs, Jc ]

[ 9s, 9c ]
[ 3s, 3c ]

[ Kc, Ks ]
[ 9s, 9c ]

[ Ad, Qh ]
[ 9s, 9c ]

[ Jc, 8c ]
[ 7d, 7c ]

[ Ks, Ts ]
[ Tc, Ad ]

[ Th, Td ]
[ Qs, Ad ]

[ As, Qs ]
[ 8c, 8h ]

[ Qs, Qd ]
[ Th, Ts ]

[ Kc, Jh ]
[ 7c, 7s ]

[ Ks, Ac ]
[ 9s, 9d ]

[ 6h, 6d ]
[ Ah, Ad ]

[ Qd, Kh ]
[ Kc, Ks ]
[ As, Ah ]

[ Jc, Jh ]
[ Kh, Ac ]

[ Ad, As ]
[ Ks, 4d ]

[ Qd, Qs ]
[ Td, Ad ]
[ Jh, Js ]

[ Jh, Ks ]
[ 7d, 7h ]
[ Jc, As ]

I see 11 hands that are better than a pair of tens. Out of the 39 hands that I show that makes them look pretty good.
11 hands that are better preflop.
28 that I tie or beat.

Probably in order to call a push rather than make it you should look at the higher hand from each group. From this simple analysis it looks like an even money situation. ABout half of the groups have a higher hand than TT. THis assumes that the big hand pushed and the little hand called, not always true.

Of course if you are going to lose it is best to lose early and you have notes on this guy.

For what it is worth only 23 out of 39 hands are even pairs.

Small sample I know. Anyone else want to add data on preflop all-ins first level only ?

I don't know if there is a simple query or filter to show the data, I just went through tourney by tourney looking for level one hands with a pot of about 1600 2400 or any large pots then brought up the hand history.

Does this support a pocket 10 call ??