View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: This hand is boring

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with what hte other guys have said. Check-call vs lags, bet vs passives, or check-fold, depending on their calling range.

The real question is if this is a bet-fold or a check-fold. It's certainly not a check-call.

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly not a check-fold either. We have the best hand here easily >30% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what I'm talking about Redd.

Edit:

I haven't written the formula for what you should be doing here, but here's the basics:

KC if they'll bet more than they'll call, and they'll bet with hands that they would fold. This is particularly good if they will bluffraise you and make you fold the winner.

KF if they'll fold more hands than they'll call, and they'll only bet if they're ahead. Unless they'll call you with hands that they would have bet, in which case the combinations of getting those calls and seeing a showdown may make betting more attractive again.

BF if they won't bluffraise you often enough to justify calling, and they'll call with hands that they would check. This isn't entirely true... you want them to call quite a bit more often than you would initially think and bluff much less.

BC if they're so incredibly aggressive that they'll raise no matter what, and you're ahead of lots of their hands. This basically gets an extra bet from a lag.

Anyways, I'm not sure what we should do in this particular hand, as I haven't been playing much lately, but this is how you should think about it.

--Dave.