View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

My whole point was there was no need to throw someone under the bus. We've all had bad days and not a single one of us is perfect. Maybe I understand this more because I have worked many crap jobs in my life and still work them. Things aren't perfect and as much as places like to say customer service is #1, there's no way in hell you can please everyone.

Like I said, the guys reply was wrong. There was no need to throw the guy under a bus though when obviously the OP has no clue why he got such a response.

I had a similar situation once when working once at Kmart. I was working my department alone (which there was supposed to be someone else working with me) and I also had to cover 2 other departments from people calling off. I had 2 customers waiting on me, 2 people on hold on the phone and then I get my manager paging me. I was going completely insane trying to walk to a phone when a customer stops me from a different department and asks me for help. I give them a quick blowoff that I'll find someone to help them out (in my mind I said it nicely but apparently they didn't think so) and crap hit the fan. They flipped out and started demanding to speak to my manager. I eventually got into a shouting match with them... they didn't deserve it but from the stress of the day I had just snapped.

I got my manager to talk to them, she explained the situation, I appologized and then everything was cool. These were rational people and they understood the situation. In the end, my manager didn't even say anything to me about it.

My point of this all is the OP obviously doesn't know the situation. He found it quite easily to go over this guys head when he was ready to throw him under the bus. Why wait that long? Why throw the guy under the bus? All the OP had to say was they were having problems getting a shirt they were promised and I'm sure the same result would have happened.