View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Um, did the OP fire the guy? Iggy, if you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Absolute for (apparently) firing someone over something so (in your words) insignificant. But, if I was Absolute, I'd probably fire the guy too. If you owned a restaurant and one of your waiters told a customer who asked repeatedly when his steak was coming (when it really had been unacceptably long time since he had ordered the steak) "Stop bothering me, it won't make your steak come out any faster," are you telling me that you wouldn't fire (or at least severely reprimand) the waiter?

I think if anyone should feel bad here it should be you, belittling someone whose only crime was pointing out an example of poor customer service. Don't shoot the messenger.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate seeing things like this.

While the guy obviously didn't reply to you the way you wanted, he did say he was working on things several times in emails you sent. Since it's going thru someone else to get you the shirt, what more do you think this guy could have done?

Was his reply appropriate? No, but who knows what you said in the various emails that you sent. I'm sure they have a mailbox full of things more important than multiple emails from you about a shirt.

You got someone fired because of a freakin shirt. I hope you feel good about yourself. There was no need to throw someone under a bus just to get what you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]