View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Why all the secrecy here?

IMO, There are several problems with this forum. When posters ask about closing/opening new accounts for rakeback, the mods here are not as forthcoming as they should be. This vail of secrecy regarding rakeback/affiliates should not be something that 2+2 endorses.

Lets get it out in the open:

All sites with an MGR component to their affiliate program do rakeback. They may say they don't, but they do. Even the largest one(s). Not only that, they are active in their promotion of rakeback. Larger affiliates get individual trackers from whichever sites they want them from. They also get new rakeback accouts open for people with existing accounts.

So either the owners of this forum know that and don't tell, or they don't know. If they don't know, they aren't very well connected in the affiliate game and probably can't offer the new players the protection and service they need in this current environment. New players need the protection that some affiliates can offer. Personally, i'd much rather be under an affiliate that can do things like open a rakeback account without having to bother with the close old/open new account hassle. One that can resolve disputes immediately. Large affiliates can get closed accounts re-opened or do thing such as set higher cashout/buyin limits.

I can understand that www.ABCrackback.com doesnt tell you this, because they probably cant do things for new players that others can, so why point it out? I can't understand it here. This is supposed to be a forum for the good of the players. Clearly, it's not.

I find it hard to believe that the forum "moderators" here cannot offer rakeback to players that already have accounts at the desired site. Again, sites condone and promote this, so why not tell everyone whats really happening?

Please spare me the stealing players from other affiliates crap, cause most of the people that want rakeback accounts opened accounts directly at the sites. Some are under affiliates, but arent going to play without rakeback anyway. It's beside the point anyway, cause it's happening as we speak. The internet is a wonderful place with really no sheriff. You adapt to the changing environment or you get left behind. The sites are adapting by promoting rakeback, so affiliates should as well.

Also, the site doesnt care at all about protecting affiliates signups as this opening new accounts for players with existing accounts goes on all the time with their consent.

I hope this doesnt get deleted and gets some real discussion going about whats really going on out there in the rakeback/affiliate game.

Weather you like it or not, this is going on en masse.

Why not just be upfront about it?

Tuco.