View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you aware that most top athletes (specifically wrt individual sports like tennis, gymnastics, running, etc.) have coaches who they often swear by, but are nowhere near as good at the sport as the athlete who hires them?

Also, you ignored my comment re: financial advisors. Many very wealthy and successful people have financial advisors. Almost all of these advisors have far less money than their clients.

The top actors in the world often have acting coaches who they consider to be invaluable resources. Yet, these acting coaches are rarely considered to be top actors.

All of these people pay huge money to their coaches/advisors.

Were you aware of these facts?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I totally agree that this dude is a total moron. But the one point that is valid that he appears too stupid to make is that performance and knowledge are for more correlated than they are in basketball, baseball, etc. That said, I do genuinely think that Tommy has something to offer that many players(specifically online players like me) can really learn and improve from. I don't want to hear Tommy's theory on how it's possible that UTG is a losing position or how I should be folding QTs to a raise when 3 people are in the pot and I am in the BB - but that's not the point of these lessons, anyway.
-James