View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: My poker progression

Wow you guys got me, I am in reality a .5/1 player...

It's funny I get smack on these forums that are filled with people who are stuck at 5/10 at most while thinking they're internet pros... I can think of a dozen people or so people that I would think can actually respond to this thread with "you're full of [censored]" and then go ahead and back it up with their stats, not just a loud mouth.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

qqgman or whatever:

You are full of it. When I raise with a flush draw, I can potentially get a free card as a result, if I feel it is necessary. Now that's 2 small bets I save by raising and spending those very same 2 small bets.

Or maybe I re-raise and drive out people who would've outdrawn me otherwise. Maybe I hit my top pair on turn and win with just that because I kicked out any middle pairs that would've gotten two pair otherwise.

Ever consider how much raising accomplishes, other than "oh but I don't have the odds to raise".

Say you got flush draw, bottom pair and another w/e card.

You got your 9 cards for the flush, 2 for the set and another 3 for 2 pair.

That's 14 outs. You should thin the field down as much as possible. Not to mention the times when you are NOT on a flush draw but hit a set, you play it just as aggressively and people put you on that flush draw so you get paid off way more than you would've otherwise.

In the long run, you spend an extra small bet or two capping that flush draw or 3-betting it or whatever, but you'll gain many big bets in the long run.

Ok yes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]