View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 08:41 PM

Default The ACLU: Do-Gooders in Action

The ACLU is always sending me letters. Since I belong to this organization, I obviously should expect it but I still find it loathsome to see their latest letter barking about some crusade to save the U.S. from threat X, Y, or Z or panting about the latest mischievous doings of President Bush, and his leagues of minions, that are supposedly shredding the constitution and acting improperly in so many deplorable ways. I pay $20 a year for this trash. And of course, I am asked to donate additional money to save the U.S. from impending Armageddon. The hoopla is crouched in the most pleasent and pedestrian propagandist language.

An example of the most recent hooey:

“They want to turn America into a country governed by their interpretation of the Bible, serviced by faith-based, taxpayer-funded institutions and guided by Christian doctrine against which neither citizens nor judges should dare to speak up. “

‘They’? Ever since I was about three years old I have continuously heard about that all powerful and ubiquitous, but somehow shadowy, group called ‘They’. ‘They’ is always conjured up from the nether regions of hell by the paranoia-minded parasites out to bilk more bucks from the unwary, the scared, and the credulous.

Time to stock up on ammo and purchase that new rifle I’ve been wanting. ‘They’ are obviously after me too. The ACLU told me so.

Le Misanthrope