Thread: Qxo in the SB.
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Qxo in the SB.

Obviously the standard play on the turn wouldve been to bet your hand yourself, but if you believe the BB will bet this turn with many hands worse than yours including many bluffs that he would fold if you bet, then I like your play of checking it and letting him bet. Given that the BB did bet, I also liked the fact that you just called, since the probability that the BB is bluffing with no outs to beat your hand is too high to play back at him, it is better to play meekly and keep him around and try to get another bet out of him on the river.

Once at the river, first lets notice that bet/folding or check/folding is not an option against this foe. So its between bet/call or check/call. I prefer check/calling over bet/calling becuz there is still a chance the lag has no hand that he will bet on the end as a hopeless bluff but will not call if you bet. Plus the times the lag actually has a better hand than you, bet calling will cost you more money. Bet/calling does allow you to pick up bets from lesser hands, but the lag may very well bet these lesser hands anyways. For these reasons, I like check/call over bet/call.