View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: 33 in BB...Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
If I 3 bet PF and then he caps is the the plan to fold to any flop where I don't hit a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. You say this guy is tight so I don't think he'll be capping cheese, so yes. Most of the time he's not going to cap without the goods. He might cap a little lighter than normal but whatever he caps he's probably beating 3s.

[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that you think a board with a K is better than a board with a jack. I would think that a stealer (especially this opponent) would be more likely to have a King in his hand than a jack. I do see what you mean with the turn being ugly given the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean the same thing I mean that the turn will be ugly given his range. On a Kxx flop a 9, 8, 7 is coordinates the board less. On a Jxx flop, not only does any broadway improve your opponents hand/draw, a 9, 8, or 7 might as well making the hand difficult for you to play on the turn and river.

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't know what the best way to play this hand is. I'm starting to think that it is calling PF, donking the flop, and then not putting in another bet unless I hit a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the right way to go about things. You're either going to get raised most of the time, sometimes with a hand you're beating, or the TAG is going to peel one and likely bet the turn with anything when you check.