View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 08:52 PM

Default OOP on defense, your turn and river action?

Second orbit at the table, so unfortunately I'm in the dreaded "no reads" category here. Table has been fairly loose overall, and not too crazy aggressive. My 3-bet PF is standard fare when I think I'm facing a steal, and really my question here is how you're handling the turn and river streets. Weak as it was, I think check/call, check/call wins me the most when ahead & loses me the least when behind. The standard wa/wb line of betting on the river unfortunately makes villain fold KK-TT here too often, though I'spose AK/AQ aren't raising me for fear of two pair.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

This call is pretty thin, but I think it isn't 100% unreasonable. His PF cap means he has a hand, but it doesn't necessarily mean a better Ace or a pair bigger than jacks. I'm check/folding the turn UI, of course.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB