View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: The *****OFFICIAL***** Wiretapping Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Do you treat this forum different from the others you moderate? If there is any place to be lenient about what and how people say something, it is in a politics forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

In some ways, yes. I've always felt that MMMMMM's sticky and style helped improve a lot of the discussion in here, so I've stuck by those guidelines. But I generally lock the same types of threads in the other forums, as do many of the other mods.

Since this is something more than a few people seem to want, I will give my reasons for locking threads in the future.

-EDIT-

This thread is locked because the original post contains no content related to the subject title. It was only about a comment BluffTHIS made regarding another thread.

Also, we have a few threads about this subject on the main page right now, and this particular post doesn't add anything new to the discussion. Posting new threads about previous posts or discussions in other threads is generally fine if you use actual content in the OP of the new one.

I left this thread open to answer B&P's posts about moderaton, but it appears that's now over. Since that is pretty much the only actual content in this thread, it doesn't make sense to leave it unlocked to discuss moderation under the subject of "The *****OFFICIAL***** Wiretapping Thread." If anyone wants to discuss my moderation further, doing so in a new thread would make more sense.