View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Running Bad at NL

I feel like I can't even see straight from how badly I'm running.

I went to vegas for first time towards end of wsop and was up pretty decent. Then deck just abandanded me. I played badly as a result towards the end and tilted off 5k or so.(2.5k from unagressive weak play, 2.5k at end from calling when my aces were no good). Still left trip with a profit though, and thought I learned very valuable lesson.

But since I've returned(usually play online, live 3 times month lately) I can't get one nut hand to hold up when the money goes in. Over and over again losing to very bad beats.

I am usually very mellow, don't dwell on bad beats, or really care. I play enough that they happen and I move on.

I've run somewhat bad before, but never enough to stop me from winning. But I am now on a downswing I can't seem to get out of no matter what. About 1/5 of my br.

It feels even worse because of how my hands wouldn't even pick up a draw on the flop, nothing to semibluff to, so if I did bluff, no one believes me and calls me down with crap. Or if I actually have the nuts they put a bad beat on me.

I know no one wants to hear bad beat stories, and I don't want sympathy. Need someway to get out of this funk. It's impossible to play as well when running bad, and this is really screwing with me. I play for a living, and don't like taking time off, since I'm losing money if I do. (tried for a few days, nothing has changed)

Any advice is appreciated.

Only positive thing I see out of this is that I could be broke, I still have most of my br in tact.