View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Free real-time odds calculator for Party Poker

If it modeled opponents more accurately than the current system prevalant (VPIP/PFR/AGG), then that would be good. I find the current system, while a good guideline, somewhat lacking when trying to make a decision based on statistical information.

Integration with PokerTracker ideas:
Allow it to run through blocks of 100 or so hands that went to showdown and make comments about your play. Places where you folded when you had the odds to improve. Calling without odds to improve, etc.

Suckout gauge. Basically running through the database and looking at all hands that went to showdown, and assigning a % of time a player was a large favorite on the turn, and an underdog caught a hand against odds on the river to win.

I'd like to see the top hands grouped, instead of the ordering you have used. For example, when the nuts is a flush, then put Ax[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - rank 1-10, Kx[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - rank 11-19, etc. You might be able to quickly order and logically display the top 20 hand "groupings" for the turn and river. Basically a readability issue.

I'm not sure what you mean about the online repository. A database of players?

Good luck with your project! I'm definately going to watch out for this one.