View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Three KK Hands -- Am I An Incurable Weak-Tighty?

Hand #1:

Call. The wheel (or improbable 36) got there 4 out of 5 times, otherwise 45 for two pair got there. There's very little reason to raise here as you're behind on the river almost certainly. Even if he's bluffing, what's the use? He'll fold to your raise. Be thankful you weren't check-raised.

P.S. Some of this is opponent dependent as people who make hidden hands generally check-raise, so there are cases where you raise in cause you feel your opponent bet out because he didn't want something like AJ to be checked behind.

Hand #2

You should bet it out yourself on the turn. Being scared of flush cards is a sigh of being weak. Besides, you yourself have the 2nd nut flush draw in case you're wrong. With the 10 coming, there are a lot of possible draws now including A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x, 9J and KJ, Qx,. Don't give them a chance at a free look at the river.

Hand #3

[ QUOTE ]
whose play is of near maniacal proportions

[/ QUOTE ]

This alone says you should bet out the turn. If the person is sane and insists on taking the lead on the flop by 4-betting after I've shown preflop and 3-bet aggression on the flop, then I will usually acquiesce.

I'm willing to bet the maniac has something like Q10 or Qx and wants to buy a "free" card no matter how expensive it is. With AQ or KQ, a maniac will probably bet the turn.

Garland