View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Three KK Hands -- Am I An Incurable Weak-Tighty?

In hand 1 I think the most likely hands your opponent beats you with are A3 or 55. But more often I've seen people attempting to make plays on the river with uncoordinated boards not believing you have the overpair. One often gets anxious and calls here but I think against the average opponent in this situation I like raising. He thinks you on autobet mode with big cards and is either attempting to valuebet with a weak hand or making a move on the pot. Many player will pay off your raise on the river with a weak hand.

Hand 2: I rarely limp with KK but like you in rare situations I've decided to do so for xx reasons. But after that I'm playing it very fast. My hand is diguised and I will fire bets at every opportunity. I wouldn't hesitate when the third club came out unless one of my opponents had raised my flopbet.

Hand 3: The only reason I'm checking the turn against an opponent like this is to checkraise him with my overpair. But I usually just bet and collect in these spots.

Finding the balance between prudence and overaggression isn't easy, but I usually prefer erring on the side of prudence--though in fact an err is an err is an err and they all cost money [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].