View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: player or plumber ???

[ QUOTE ]

from their previous action, i am certain the 2 limpers are folding to the raise, so i'm not worrying about a sandwich.

there is now $1,025 in the pot (including the blinds) and it costs me $350 to call. the pot odds are offering almost 3:1 to call and the only hand that has me beaten by more than 3:1 is AA, so folding is not an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is always an option.

This is a pretty easy fold for me. You don't wanna get involved with LAGs unless you have a good hand. Also, what do you think the button is raising them with? Chances are, an ace that dominates you, or possibly a pair 9s or better.

The limpers folding is even more reason for you to fold. You will be out of position, playing for a small pot. Sure you're getting 3 to 1 which is nice, but villian could have you dominated with a lot of holdings. You're also out of position. Just fold.

[ QUOTE ]

the flop comes KdQd2s. i check to try for the free card and my opponent raises $500.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have bet this flop. You're definatly not getting a free card from an oponent with half a brain, he should (rightly) continuation bet. I would have bet into him 2/3 the pot. This is called a semi bluff. His reaction would also give you A LOT of information. If he just calls you know he might have just been tryint to steal. If he raises you, its big heap trouble and depending on the raise you might have to fold. Betting into villian here also gives you a shot at possibly taking a free turn if he thinks you're gonna c/r him. It's all about your read at the time.
[ QUOTE ]

what does my opponent have ??? he could have missed the flop entirely and be making a standard continuation bet after my check showed weakness. although this was possible , i thought he likely held something like AJ, AQ , AK , KQ or KJ and was ahead at this point, however the pot was offering $1,875/500 for the call, so i had to go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 3 to 1 does not mean you have to call, at all. What's your chance of making your flush on the turn? ~17% That means you need better than 4 to 1. Yeah you have some A outs, but villian could also have an A, so i'd only give myself credit for at most 2 outs, but really only 1. This isn't a limit ring game, you don't make decisions based on the flop+turn odds of making a hand, you evaluate each phase individually. You could have folded here too.

[ QUOTE ]

i decided to check raise him all in figuring there was a fair chance he'd fold to a $1,700 raise and if he called, i had a 39% chance if making the pure nutz with a diamond and had some discounted outs to the ace so i was probably like a 45:55 dog if he called and the pot was offering way more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your chances of making the flush are only 35%. I'm not sure where you get 39%. I'm not sure where you get 45/55 dog, you're probably up against a made hand, so your chances are... 35/65. Assuming he doesnt have a diamond. Your A high will pretty much never be good here. You need to go check up on your odds tables or whatever.

All you did by check/raising him was commit him to the pot. You're not folding a hand, like ever here. If you wanted a chance to do that, you'd have to open push I guess, or something.

You gave villian 2 to 1 odds, that's not exactly a huge overbet. He's probably gonna call with top pair or maybe even AQ (or any reasonable second pair). It's verly likely one of those flop cards hit him.