View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Loose games when you can almost never protect your hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However in my case, raising AA does nothing at all. Just about everyone that would have bet (which is about everyone as well) cold calls with just about anything outside of 72o. So how the hell am I supposed to play in situations like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

As often and as many tables as possible, that's how. It sounds like you really haven't understood SSH if you think that you raise with AA to thin out the field. Go to the preflop Q&A at the back, and one of the exact questions is "Why do we raise with premium hands preflop?" The answer is not "To thin the field" but rather "To put money into the pot with the best hand." When you raise preflop with AA, you *want* people to call, or even reraise. It's understandably frustrating to suffer suckouts and bad beats, but while they happen a lot, they don't always happen. AA will win less often against a field of 6 than a field of 2, but your overall profit will be greater the more donators you get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it still does thin the field though doesn't it? I mean with opponents who aren't maniacs. And AA does do better short-handed than multiway, I'd imagine.

Anyway, about the postflop example: With say 7-8 people seeing the flop and only a few less going to showdown, how often do you really think I'll win? Anyone with a K will stay in looking to suck out two pair, anyone with even a backdoor draw will stay too. A shitload of cards can hurt me.