View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:54 AM

Default GEEZ! okay here\'s a specific thought..

Wow... there's a bunch of NITS on this board:

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone see anything oxymoronic here...

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok well first off if you don't know hands acceptable to be raising with then i don't see how your "skilled" at the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also...what is the difference between raising a raiser and re-raising a raiser?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, C'mon. you'd think the forum would give a guy with almost 3k posts a little benifit-of-the-doubt, or at least TRY to understand my intent as opposed to attacking my syntax (was posted at 4:20 AM, fer crying out loud). *sighs*

Here:
[ QUOTE ]
being only a dabbler (albeit a skilled one) in the game,

[/ QUOTE ]

not: ['am a dabbler' + 'am skilled'] but rather: ['am skilled, for a dabbler[/i]']... geez. I'm not claiming to be sammy-freakin-farha here, just a guy that plays most of the other games well (O/8, LHE, NLHE, 7cs, 7/8)... I wasn't looking for "raise this, fold that to a raise"- sry if i gave that impression. I was looking for insight/discussion/etc...

here's a starter:

in PLO, I like to (sometimes) re-raise weak players when they show strength (esp when they're screaming 'aces') and the hero's probably behind PF... only in position, of course...

I find that there are a lot of players in the smaller games, esp the .25/.50 and .50/1 have a standard range for calling raises, but ONLY open-raise aces and maybe their big broadways like KKQTss... so, easy to read... If the stacks are deep, sometimes i like to bump/min-re-raise their raise with hands that are good for cracking aces... these same weak players generally won't re-raise without a monster..

three reasons:

A: to isolate them
B: to tie them on if i hit
C: to make the pot big enough to fire off a worthy bluff if they seem weak
D: to get control of the hand

you think the advantages that re-raising a probable pair of aces from position could offset the loss of implied odds/ threat of re-raises that it entails? it seems to be a powerful weapon, but, like i said, i'm a dabbler. are there any omaha or PL specific concepts that would come into play here?