View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Flopped a boat in live game. What\'s the best flop line?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, PSB was my second option. I just don't know if I like it better then a push here. I'm really 50/50 on which one will get more action. I need to get better at these situations though. With no reads, and the fact that I haven't been able to create an image for this guy, it just seems like I'm either getting action or not, so why not just stick it all in now.

So if I PSB, what hands am I getting calls from? Small PP? Large?

[/ QUOTE ]

A push here is more than likely only being called by someone willing to gamboool with you or has convinced themssevles that their big PP is good or they got married to it.

Lets assume that he is fairly solid. If he has KK-JJ or AK, AQ he would call your RR PF and likely not push. Now he sess AAT. So unless he has AA he knows there is a smaller chance that you have an ace especially with MP being in there PF who he will credit with an ace too. So in his mind you more than likely do not have the ace or AA and his PP is likely good or will think he can hit a K, Q, or J for the boat.

If he raised with AK-AJ then he is slowplaying hopful to trap you with his top set and would check it to you. If he has KK, QQ or JJ then he is going to gage your chances of having an ace by your flop action. A small bet or a push is going to smell like an ace to him more times than not.

The push only opens up the idea in his head that you are making a position steal on a scary board and that his PP is good. If he has the ace he is calling the push. If he has KK-JJ there is less likelyhood of a call. He has to gamboool to call the push with KK-JJ.

But with a PSB or near that size, he has to step back and open up the whole line of thought that you do not have the ace. A small bet smells like an ace, a check smells like an ace. A push kind of smells like an ace. Remember most players like to sloooowplay themselves to death and a check would scream ACE!!!!!!!!!!

If he flat calls the flop bet, you have to push the turn. If he RR the flop, insta call AI.