View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Delighting in Misery

[ QUOTE ]
Typically, I'd agree with you. But the kid was obviously full of himself and there was no way that he would take kindly to anything I said, even if I told him that the entire table was laughing at him. His opinion on the matter was obviously not changing. The collar thing, whatever...preppies will be preppies. That by itself doesn't bother me. The sunglasses at a $1/2 NL table, where entire fortunes of $100 are won and lost at the drop of a hat just makes me laugh. I'm still laughing about it, I don't know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is seemingly lost on those who need to preach their morals in this thread. Some people who let their ego be their guide will do something stupid, and getting a good laugh out of the moment is a part of life.

I have done stupid things have had friends and stranges laughed at me for what I did. Did I think they were "Insecure loner[s] looking for friends who share the same affliction and want to bask in the embarrassment of others to reassure themselves of their "greatness" while only looking like even bigger jackass's then the "douchebags" they are berating." No. They were right, it was funny.

Life is funny. Things happen that are funny. Enjoy them.