View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Push with nines? Interesting Sub-question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ooooooookay homeslice. It's an easy fold for either hand facing aggression. I love your strawman arguement though, keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we the self-righteous one this morning.

The point of posting this hand is that this isn't the typical 'I'm either way ahead or way behind' dilemma. It goes way deeper than that.

The 9JQK hand is not an easy fold. There's a case to be made for every option. Alot of it comes down to personal preference. I am not a fan of coin flips in cash games, but if you think it will affect your table image and get you action in future hands it may be worth the gamble.

I think very little of the time UTG is bluffing and very little of the time he has a set. Not that those possibilities should be ignored, but their likelihood is less than usual.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

You drawl on about the blaringly obvious as though you're making some previously unheard of sage advice. None of what you have just said is news to anyone who has played the game longer than a few months. As with every other rhetorical question that gets asked, the same answer is always relevant, "it depends".

His whole arguement was that most people who would fold a pair of nines wouldn't fold a pair of aces. This is utterly terrible and incorrect. He built a strawman and proceeded to knock it down. Folding of two aces in that position is quite easy for the very reasons already given by others. You've only put $4 into the pot. Indeed it was Doyle himself who said "Don't lose all your chips in an unraised pot". You really don't need to take either AAxx or KQJ9 any further if someone is being aggressive. You're playing KQJ9 to flop a nice straight wrap, not to flop 1 pair with suboptimal kicker. http://www.ribbo.com/omaha9.htm