View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Hmm, AKo at a tight table

This table is tight. There are 9 people at the table during the hand and 8 of them have a VPIP below 20%. There is one guy making the game good and he is only about 30% VPIP. If he doesn't play in a pot, it is probably (like 50% of the time) getting folded to the blinds where they can fight it out. My lineup includes 4 moneybags, 2 eagles (one of which is a 2+2er), 2 rocks and the LP.

I had played about 80 hands at the table and I was playing tight but I wasn't afraid to take a flop with just the intention of trying to steal postflop. As such, my AF at the table is ~ 5.0 from me trying to pick up pots on the flop when I miss. The villian in the hand is a 18/9/7 guy after about 120 hands. He has been running pretty well but is certainly very aggressive. The BB is also a moneybag according to PT.

Party Poker 2/4 (9 Handed)

Hero is delt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG

Hero limps, One fold, Villian calls, Five folds and the BB checks.

I'm almost surely going to limp-reraise if given the option. Someone might not like my limp here and raise with a dominated hand like AQ or AJ.

Flop (3 Players, 3.5 SB): J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, Villian raises, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn (2 Players, 3.5 BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villian bets and Hero calls.

River (2 Players, 5.5 BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero...?

I honestly don't know what to do here. Lead? Check/raise? Check/call? Meh?

Any and all postflop comments appreciated.

Brad