View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: I\'m confused about hourly winrate

[ QUOTE ]
I looked through the forums but I am confused.

I'm playing micro/small full ring NL at poker. (for example, $25NL, the lowest they have for normal players).

I've read that a good hourly win rate is 1BB/100, possibly even 2 BB/100. Is this TOTAL hourly win rate on multiple tables, or what?

lets say i play 3000 hands in one day at 0.10/0.25 NL (multitabling of course). If my BB/100 is 1 BB/100, that means I make 0.50 * 1/100 * 3000 = $15 in one day.

Is this the correct calculation? So basically by playing a LOT of hands, all I can make at $25NL is $15 a day?!?!?

THis does not make sense. Furthermore, in 100 hands, that means my expected profit per hand is 0.50 / 100, or $0.005 per hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your calculation is correct. We figure winrate per hundred hands to give us a number that we can use to compare results between any number of tables, 4BB/100 on one table versus 6 tables is the same winrate, while the BB/hr figure traditionally used by live players would vary wildly for those two players and would be hard to compare.

I'm not sure why you seem to find the above calculation a puzzling result. You are postulating a very low winrate at a level that's just a bit above penny-ante poker.

As someone above said, you aren't risking very much playing in a 25 dollar buy in game, consequently the rewards aren't very high either. I play a lot of 3/6 limit and there's a decent possibility everytime I sit down that I may drop 300-400 bucks. The upside is that I have a corresponding level of gains that I can make.

And as practical matter what you'll probably find is plenty of days where you make 30-50 bucks, and plenty of days where you lose 20-40 to average out to your 15 bucks a day, and not so many days were you grind it out to 15 bucks even.

--Zetack