View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Well Lookee Here! BLUFFThis! is wrong

[ QUOTE ]

I am talking about Americanism. Americans do not indulge in clandestine eavesdropping, unlimited detentions without full due process of the law. It is completely un-American behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrongly clandestine or un-American about making it a KNOWN policy that foreign nationals suspected of terrorist-related activities on US soil may be investigated or may have their communications monitored.

Also, I didn't suggest *unlimited* detentions for suspected foreign nationals on US soil.

[ QUOTE ]
We have a good law enforcement system, we can also make it better. Concentrate on that not on KGB tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

The war against terrorism is more than merely a matter for law enforcement. Terrorists--and jihadists--are more than mere criminals. They are at WAR against our country, and against other Western democracies. All foreign nationals should expect a little extra attention when they CHOOSE to visit the United States--and in fact every foreign national who visits the USA should be so advised.

The terror threat to the USA comes almost entirely from foreign nationals. It would be illogical, and even foolhardy, to treat them exactly the same as US citizens when it comes to possibly suspect activity.