View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: How far have you moved up at no-limit ring games?

I started with an online bankroll of 0, winning in the play money tables and selling 1million on ebay for 10$. (going rate is like 25 or 30 I think now...)

People progress at different rates, for cash I'm mainly playing 6handed 50NL on party, but IMO I have the BR/ability to play bigger games. I just like 6max50NL the best for where I am right now.

When I'm on PS I'll play 1/2 tables, although I have played some 2/4 with good results.

Live I play 100max buy in, although I've also wandered to bigger games, although not much. Mixed results there, but waaay too small a sample size.

[ QUOTE ]
So, anyone else move up from the free games with
little or no investment???

[/ QUOTE ]

Beauty is everything is basically a free roll... (except the countless hours I've spent studying the game / playing the tables) This definately helps my mindset while playing.

Oh, I started playing poker 2003 summer, and online for roughly a year.

*Edit: I started playing 1cent/2cent NL, then moved to stud penny tables. If you ever want to build a bankroll and get bored of low blind NLH, stud is by far the best. You get to know the players well, and it's easy to move up.
Anyways, moved up limits on stud, then started playing alot of MTTs, won a big tournament, that funded my ring game BR, and from there switched to 6handed limit. I multitabled that for a while, until I found these boards and restudied NLH.
Lately all I play is the 6max party NL and PS MTTs... I like them alot. When I need diversity I play Om8 MTTs.