View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Limit O8 - Folding too much? Example #2

Primarily a Hold'Em player, novice O8 player, and I'm trying to adjust to hand values. I've figured out that unless you scoop the implied odds and the effective odds suck at this game. But on this hand, I've got the third nut for high and am drawing to the 2nd nut for low (or the nut if I get a real lucky 3 on the board).

Was this hand played okay?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Omaha/8 (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB