View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Video Game Supremecy

Great post. Males like to prove their skills against each other, and we need to satisfy our egos. Videogames provide a nice venue for immature guys like myself to show how awesome we are. Unfortunately, most people aren't nearly as good as they think they are. I remember when I actually thought I was good at Halo. I played a home p*ker game with a member of the local Halo "community" and he beat me 25-1 during a smoke break. I used to play SF2 30+ hours a week with a group of about 8 friends and thought I was the tits at that too. None of us even knew that Guile was the best character (although cheesing was strictly looked down upon there). Until you play a game online or in a tournament agains the best competition, you have no idea how good people actually get at these games.

Games I'm actually pretty good at:

Tekken 3. I placed highly in a few local tournaments. I'm far from the best, but I'll put my Heihachi up against anyone (Lei and Eddie as backups). Good King/Jin players dominate that game though.

NBA Jam T.E. I won my store during the Blockbuster tourney years back, but didn't go to the main event. I think Sponger did too and actually went to the national tourney.

Perfect Dark. The amount of time I played this game... I just refuse to accept that I'm not at least decent.