View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Analysis Please: Did I screw-up???

I've been playing 66 player/$30 buyin freeze out tourneys. Last night was my fourth tourney ever.
In my last four tourneys, (That's all I've played) I've placed 16/6/12/ and last night 6th.
We are down to six at the final table that started with 11., and and I'm 2nd last to ask before checking back to the button. I have 44,000 chips, guy to left of me(button) has 40000. We are midsize stacks, one other on the real short stack. Blinds are 2000/4000. I am dealt KQ suited. Three folds to me, and I bet 10,000. Good solid bet I thought (Harrington's 2-3X big blind strategy.) THe button is a loose, aggressive player who has had wild chip swings all night. We started at the same table at the beginning of the tourney, and I know he played alot of really loose stuff. He has much more experience than I do. He calls my 10K. Blinds fold. Flop is Jack Nine Two. I think this is a good flop for me. I bet another 10K to protect. I'm now committed for half my stack. He raises to 30(all-in). I call. He turns AJ and his jacks hold. I was left with 4K, and went out on my BB 3 hands later. Overall the table was playing quite tight at this point, and I thought I played it well. In hindsight, maybe not, because I sooooooo wanted to place in final three, and I think with my chip stack, I could have if I had tightened up and NOT played that hand. I think it was really the only hand that I got stuck on all night. Please give me feedback. Thanks all.