View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 05:32 AM

Default What could Dannenman have put Hachem on in the last hand?

I just can't get my mind around the last hand at the WSOP. I forget the exact betting sequence (I'm liable to get it wrong here, so please correct me) but I remember that Hachem called a PFR from the BB with 7-3 off suit. The flop came 4-5-6, with two diamonds. Dannenman bet out like $500,000 with A-3 off suit, and Hachem raised $1 million more. Dannenman called, and the turn came an ace. Dannenman bet out, and Hachem came big over the top of him (I don't remember if that would put Dannenman all in or not, but he went all in shortly thereafter).

Now what in the world could Dannenman have put Hachem on here that would make him call? Hachem obviously wasn't concerned about the ace, so if he's playing reasonably it seems to me you have to put him on a better ace or a set or think that he flopped the straight, which of course he did. Even a decent ace has Dannenman beat at that point, and the only other thing he's got going is the straight draw, but everything I can see puts him behind in the hand at that point. So what could Dannenman have put Hachem on that would make him go all in like that and risk the whole tournament?