View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: A couple of thoughts on re: the 2+2 tables

I guess this thread is mostly dead, but I'll chime in anyway.

First, congrats GregJ on getting the mod spot. Didn't event realize it was up for assignment. You'll be a good mod.

Like most people, when I started my bankroll was much too small. .5/1 was my only game, and I played a lot. I wanted very much to play the 2+2 tables, but not only was I scared to death, but I also felt like if I dropped my buyin it would hurt.

I played anyway, and I did drop my buyin, and it did hurt. This was back when Entity was still a n00b and bison played the .5/1 2+2 table. Goot times. I tried to play the way everyone was telling me to play - like a LAG. But it just wasn't my style, and I was not yet the master of my own style.

Anyway, I didn't play the 2+2 table again for a long time; until my roll was around $500 and I was winning consistantly. When I came back to the table, I decided that instead of trying to play LAG like everyone said (everyone except bison - i noticed that his VPIP was 10, and he always took more off the table than he brough to it), I was going to do my best to take their money. That meant playing my game, not someone else's.

It took some time, but eventually I killed the private 2+2 tables. Now that was cool.

Moral of the story: if I'm sitting accross the table from you, it's my intention to take your money. It's not my intention to play LAG just because I'm 'supposed' to. Do your best to stop me, and to take my money.