View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: How\'s the 3/6 games in Biloxi???

A rack of white is $100. That's what most players there buy in for, and if you need more later it's real easy to get more. About the "keying in," it's nothing you need to worry about; maybe it's just a matter of my style, but I like to slip in unobtrusively, and not be calling attention to myself. That's all. I have never seen anybody buy into 1-4-8-8 for $400 but I've seen plenty, including myself, walk away with that and more.

One thing about 1-4-8-8 is the bets are not in fixed amounts, and the blinds are $1 and $2. So you can relax your starter requiremeents a little and fold when you don't like the flop, generally at a cost of only "a half bet."

There are a lot of really nice people who work in that room or play there, and a few really good players too, plus many, many donks. If you run into a big fat guy named "Doc Harvey" and you happen to think of it, tell him Bill from 'Vegas said Hi. He's funnier than hell.

For what you get, the rooms in Biloxi can be a little pricey. I always used to stay out at the Howard Johnson's near the interstate, for a lot less $$, like in the range of $40 per night.

Have fun there and let us hear how it went when you get back.

Always run lucky...

bill c