View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: can you call this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if SB or BB had been the one to move on you, rather than CO-1, it would be an easy laydown, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. They are more likely to have a 2 than any other player, and a check-raise would actually make sense for a player in the blinds since calling and then checking the turn would be giving 2 free cards. If they're going to bet out on the turn, they may as well raise.

A player with a 2 and position could just call since they can bet the turn if I check so a call from CO-1 would have looked stronger than his raise from my perspective.

Edit: Also, the player with a 2 and players still to act would call so as to not scare off weak kings. The blinds wouldn't have to worry about scaring off anyone other than me.

Later,
Che

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a CO-1 smoothcall would look scary indeed. And if the blinds decided to get involved then, it's an easy fold, so I do really like your idea of betting out...

... But I would probably check [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yeah, I guess a check/call lead out on turn for a blind would be pretty transparent, so they may as well C/R the flop with a 2. I like this thread. Thanks Che.