View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Trying to get a PLO game going at Lucky Chances?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who wants to buyin for $80 or $100 when the rest of the table has huge stacks of $800?

[/ QUOTE ]

This mindset always confuses me. Although I have heard it frequently, "I'm not going to play if some jerk is going to buyin for a bunch of money and just bully the table"

In a cash game, the short stacked player has a pretty decent advantage over a large stacked player. The reason to buy in for a large stack is to cover poorly-playing large stacked opponents.

Either way, most of your big PLO players are people with way too much money and too much gamble. I can't imagine many of those players being happy in a capped buyin game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that to have a short stack is an advantage in some regards, but most people don't want to be set in every time they see a flop (even though this is less frequent in pot limit).

And the point of the game is to make it a somewhat small buyin, to keep the game going and attract players who want to learn and play the game. Myself and management aren't as concerned with attracting the big $$ players, they can always open another 3/6 hold'em game.