View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: 7-Handed B&M 20/40

[ QUOTE ]
Game has been short for a while.
I raise UTG with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 degenerate coldcallers call, 1 fold, SB (tight/weak) calls, BB (major drunk fish) calls.
Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, check, bet, call, call, call, call.
Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, check, bet, call, 2 folds, SB slowly and deliberately puts out 12 chips for a raise, BB pauses and then calls, I 3-bet, SB caps, BB calls.
SB bets dark.
River Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB calls all-in, I ask SB if he'd have felt stupid if the board had paired after he'd bet in the dark and he mumbles that he'd have dealt with it or something. I call.
Did I overplay my hand? Can I fold the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
When the small blind checkraises the turn theres a good chance he has the straight, but theres also a good chance he has somekind of twopair hand or bottom set. You still need to raise the turn to protect your hand in case the person behind you has a gutshot draw. Once the small blind caps this means he has the straight if he is weak tight. Once the river comes and the small blind bets in the dark and the big blind calls this pot is huge. It is ok to still fold here if you are 100% confident in your read of the small blind as being weak tight, if you are not entirely sure, than you need to call this river. I know one thing, calling the river with sets in huge pots can never be that bad of a play even when the situation looks hopeless. So to answer your question, you did not overplay your hand in my opinion, you played it just fine.