View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Friend\'s PPNL200 baby set.

wow...first let me say that MP is a major idiot and should be buddy listed.

This is a hard hand to get away from, but this is one of those times where it might be possible to get away from a set. That is a really dry board, no combo draws are possible and your friend is looking at a bet, a raise, his overcall, a reraise all in, then a call....honestly...nobody with just a ten is making these bets, and I think T8, T4 or 84 are all unlikely given that it was raised preflop. The BEST that your friend can hope for is to be up against something like QQ and AA or something....those hands could play it the same way. I'd be real worried after your friend cold called a bet and a raise when the button flat called the all in with the nuts....he's BEGGING for your friend to call or push and he got exactly what he wanted....button is either completely oblivious and didn't raise with his strong hand or he's really really good and put your friend on exactly what he had....nicely done by button.

All that being said, it's still a set, he's got less than a buy-in..i doubt i'm folding here but I would strongly consider it.