Thread: Best Athletes
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Best Athletes

[ QUOTE ]
sprinting is anarobic, the NFL is anarobic. Do you see how those and other track events that work with the NFL don't really work in rugby? I can garuntee you that Sivivatuu is just as good of a sprinter as any NFL player, and if you ever see Tonderai Chavanaga then you'd know that you haven't seen a faster sprinter in the NFL. THere are way more fat overweight players in the NFL then there are in rugby. I don't remember any gold medalist track and field atheletes being in the NFL any time recently, and lets be honest, how does high jumping really play into being a great NFL player, it doesn't. YOu can jump as high as you want, but if you can't position yourself, or run good routes then you will be a worthless reciever. I can garuntee you that more rugby players would make it in the NFL then the other way around

[/ QUOTE ]

Football is not anaerobic

No, perhaps no NFL player has won an olympic gold in sprinting or throwing, but John Capel was a Florida WR before becoming a world class sprinter and was still drafted in the NFL. Jonathan Ogden was a world class shot putter at UCLA. Michael Bennett ran a sub 10.1 100m and was a collegiate all american. I don't know who Sivivatu is, and I'm sure he's very fast, but can you guarantee that kind of speed?