View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: sickest laydown ever

[ QUOTE ]
Two ideas.

1. Button wants donk to stay in the game, and also wants to make a "Hellmuth" style laydown faceup to encourage the other players to attempt to bully him around, so instead of calling and probably busting the donk, and possibly causing him to leave, he folds faceup.

2. Similar to 1, but maybe donk and button are friends, and button folds faceup to again encourage the table to attempt to run him over when he has a big hand (only, of course, he won't fold next time).

I was watching UB 50/100 NL recently, a heads-up pot, pot was $1800. Flop was JJ6. First to act bets pot ($1800), other player moves all-in for around $8000, first to act folds and shows J9. Thought it was a crazy laydown, then I noticed they were both from Norway. I think that was proabably an example of #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats that scientific theorem, Archem's Razor? The simplest explanation is most often the correct one. It is far more likely that, rather than picking up some crazy tell, or making some crazy overthought play, this guy just happenned to see his opponents hole cards.