View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: I think my biggest leak is...

Excellent post, Ed, as always.

I agree with what you say, and I'm glad you wrote this because I know that many people (like me) are posting their questions, because they don't know that either: a mistake is costly or how frequently it occurs. I, for one, feel that I get KJo UTG or UTG+1 every f'n orbit. Its not true, but for some reason, its all I think of whenever I get it. It doesn't happen with much more frequency than getting A5s in MP (only because A5s is suited(I think)). So while this post is extremely helpful, I can't answer the questions because I don't possess enough statistical knowledge about the game. In order to do that, you have to play many many many hands. I am up to about 30K, and I am just starting to understand some concepts.

Another problem is I cannot always exactly calculate the cost of my mistake. Calling when I should raise in some parts may be costly, sometimes not, and I post hopefully to figure out if it is very costly. So I think some people are posting hands to try and figure this out (although they may not know it, I know i was not aware of it). Thanks for the insight.

I would ask you what you think the big leaks are, but then you would just say

BUY MY BOOK
BUY MY BOOK
BUY MY BOOK

-AA