View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Question on Notes

[ QUOTE ]
There's a good thread here.

(I am in awe of Nomad's notes.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to linky that one. Don't be in awe though, if I kept them complete on 2 full ring tables at the same time then you could be in awe.

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: (this would be lag, tag, etc..)
Postflop: (same but how they play post)
HTP: (this stands for "how they play" and is my own assesment of if they are straight forward "ABC", or play only their hand "PTH", or vary their play to who's in the pot "Thinking")
CC: (here I put an x everytime I notice a coldcall, or the hand if they show it down)
BD: (x for every blind defense against a steal, or the hand if it makes SD)
SNG(s): (x for strong donkbets that was actually decent or a slowplay)
SNG(w): (x for weak donkbets, or bluff/garbage stop and go's)
RaiseF(s): (x - when they raise on the flop with an strong hand, I include free card plays, and value bet on draws here too)
RaiseF(w): (x - when they raise on the flop with garbage, bluff, etc...)
RaiseT(s): (same as flop notes for every street)
RaiseT(w):
RaiseR(s):
RaiseR(w):
Showdowns: (hole cards of showdowns)
General Notes: (all the other stuff like "CDW A hgh-3 Flsh", "LRR any pp")

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the gametime windows for PT so I can keep all my notes on it and don't have to worry about importing/exporting notes and they all stay together. Also while I review I will sometimes go back and make notes in there. This helps for future times the same player sits down.
You may ask "is this detail really necessary for .25/.50 or .5/1?" To which I would say no, and there are a lot of common players that I kind of overlook cause their so bad it's irrelevant. You can make money at these levels with ABC poker. I'm just working on this kind of detail so it will be second nature when I move up.