View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: QQ and flop trips. I misplayed this, right?

[ QUOTE ]
what was your line of thought for the checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]
My thinking at the time was along these lines. I'm probably still best right now, but I'm not too sure what he has. Big spade probably. Also, from my limited time at the table, he seems somewhat aggressive. So if I re-raise the flop, he calls and then waits to hit his flush. If I just call his raise on the flop, then I'm certain he's going to fire on the turn regardless of what card comes up. I didn't give him enough credit to raise the flop in order to get a free card on the turn. So by calling, I can check-call the turn and river if a spade hits on the turn. If the spade hits and it goes check-check, I bet out on the river representing the spade. If a non-spade falls on the turn, I can get in a check-raise since I'm sure he'll bet (which seemed to be an accurate read). I just didn't think he would fold to the check-raise. I was pretty sure he was going to call me down the whole way after raising on the flop.

But I agree with everyone here, I was probably a lot better off re-raising the flop and leading out on the turn. If he caps the flop and raises me on the turn, then I need to start thinking that he has a flush.

As it is, I guess he had a small spade, or maybe a ten?