View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Weak ace in the blind

I am quite familiar with the books you mention, and then add some. I have played alot of tournaments too. To make it good though sometimes you have to make more then the cards work for you. The player in question is a skilled player which I thought able to raise from mp with a wide range,to outplay opponents on flopp, the limper I knew little of, but thought him weak. I aggree with your reasoning for general play and when reads are absent. It was interesting to me what people think when it comes to heart and moves. Not general discussion of what hands to play in what pos against what bid. I thought villains play was great, It looks as he reads me for a flush draw and charges the most for it, or that he represents a good kicker or set. I rarely play this bad a hand after raisers, but on occasion, I thought I could make him fold to a c/r on a flopp with A,K,Q, at least it was worth a try. I couldnt get my self to call, lost heart-but I should have thought the all in bet suspicious -would you go all in with TPGK? He showed TT when I folded, because we have encountered eachother a few times and have a good tone.Also it was a message not to mess with him.

What do you think of his move?