View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Man, My Last 182,000 Hands have really Sucked.

I too enjoy the word 'whilst'.

I think Lorinda used it about 17 times in the Internet-forum FAQ's.

i understand your situation...but the way you have to auto-pilot to play 8 tables might still not be for the best in the long-term.
That's easy to say though when I'm no the one putting food in your kid's mouth (congrats btw).

But even just cutting to 6 tables during SOME of your play will slow things down some (and will probably feel like playing in slow-motion to you since you're so used to 8) and will allow you to perhaps concentrate a bit more and think on a slightly higher level.

It's one thing to have stats on your opponents and have a general idea of how they play...but your opponents aren't complete dolts most of the time no matter how bad they play.
And it's possible that THEY are getting a read on YOU.

Are you always getting check-raised when you value-bet after the draw comes through and always paying-off 'just in case' because you still have that chance of picking off the bluff??
If they read that you will pay-off and will almost always value-bet at the end then they will eventually be smart enough to C/R you to death. Stuff like that.
This is one of my biggest downfalls of late anyway and I think is something that goes along with multi-tabling ABC-ish play where your reads aren't quite as specific and you are less aware of what your opponents are thinking of you.

Also - since I'm currently a losing player I'm not sure any of my opinions should really be taken all that seriously anyway...but that's my own personal whine.