View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Am I the only one not multitabling?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Reads are another factor - Most guys who multitable has crap reads unless experienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought this was a wierd thing to think. When i first started playing i would time my actions thinking my opponents would get certain ideas from them. But people multitable, watch tv, surf, jack off, read, eat, and bla bla bla, while they are playing online. The timing of actions(the only real read you can get) are of little use to online play.

Getting a feel for you opponents, and knowing their tendencies is valuable, and is not the same as reading an opponent. This is something you might do better playing less tables, but it is quickly remedied with a hud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be confusing "reads" with "tells".

Trying to determine if a player has a monster by how long he takes to act is trying to get a tell, just like in a live game you would study the player to see if you notice anything.

A read is really a pattern in the player's game. For instance, a player might always bet the river when checked to, every time.

Tells are pretty much useless in online games. Reads, on the other hand, are very useful and most multitablers miss a ton of them. Even a HUD doesn't tell you everything.