View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Cars... M3-- Oporutnity Cost...

[ QUOTE ]
The cost of cars is throught the roof!!! If u want to buy a $55,000 car and put down 30,000. Payments are still going to be $800+/month for 36 months. Does that not seem absurd? I'l be making 6 figures plus coming out of college, but spending $12,000/year on a car is quite preposterous. Or if u want to lease w/ $0 down it's still 12,000/year for 36 months with nothing to show for it. What kind of people out there prefer spending that kind of money on cars instead of the peace of mind of living in a paid off home which APPRECIATES!?!?!? What kind of people buy expensive cars-- and do they THINK about better ways to spend their money? I've always, always, always, wanted an M3, but now that i look at it... it seems like a ludacrous (sp) investment. I've thought about having a nice car for a few years, but then i'd be "hooked" and wouldn't be able to go back to $15k-20k cars... What is everyone else's view on cars and the kind of money people spend on them. Whenever i see a BMW 7-series i always think, "man that's awesome" But now i'm gona say, "man what an idiot to spend $100k+ on a car.

I guess my next car is gona be a Subaru WRX. Straight cash homey.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all a matter or priorities. I spend a fortune on cars because it's what I like. My motivation for getting a college degree was so I could buy expensive cars. My reward for having gotten my degrees is to buy what ever I want with the money I have left over after paying my bills and saving for retirement. I won't spend money I can't afford. We all have discretionary money, I chose to spend mine on cars.

FWIW, my daily driver is an M5. I can tell you that you will love the M3 if you get one.