View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Post for david...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"JA, even though I dont really like the tone of your posts basically ever"

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet but this just made me stop and go "wow". JASucker is one of the most unoffensive posters around, you are crazy to think that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. He is one of a handfull of posters I always read.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not discussing what hiatus over said.

i agree with two things:

1) JA is a fantastic poster and i read everything he posts on this (mid/high) forum.

2) some of his posts CAN come accross "knowitallish"

2a) one reason for this is because he has played a while and is a great player whose opinions one should respect and take to heart...im sure its not intentional. he was on the list of posters id like to meet, if just for a drink.

2b) if he does come off as knowitallish and he means it i still wouldn't hold it against him because of the overall quality of his posts and opinions.

all i know is i'd never want to dissuade him from posting.

now...onto the meat of this thread:

i have been thinking about this thread since it was posted and taking into into account with what another very winning player told me. i was taken aback by the # of hands he defends (calls) w/ in his bb closing the action getting 3:1.

but after thinking about it i came to a lot of the conclusions that were reached here so i wont regurgitate.

but then i came to think that in situations that are close, it does tend to matter to get higher ev even by small increments...

now the MAIN things i think matter are 1) your opponents raising standards and 2) your postflop skills.

now i can pretty accurately determine 1 and adjust accordingly...but in all honestly i think i, as many people, tend to overvalue 2. so i still fold the hands i would think dont matter much because if i DO overvalue 2, then it doesn't matter anyways...(T6o etc...)

-Barron