View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM

Default The \'hood

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't say "bordering states" or "arab states" - you clearly said "neighbors". By any acceptable English usage, Iran is certainly a neighbor state.

[/ QUOTE ]
The implication should have been clear: I'm referring to the front-line states. They are called front-line states because they are the ones (allegedly) threatening and (supposedly) attacking Israel ever since its creation. Every serious text about the Middle East conflict, from both sides of the argument, uses the term "front-line states" in collective reference to Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt. That's it.

However, if you want to expand this term to include "all countries in the general area" (i.e. the "neighborhood"), feel free to explain, please, the demarcation of the "neighborhood" of Israel.

Where does it end?? Let's take the East. In Iran? India? Vietnam?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you seriously claiming that Israel has "nothing to fear" from Iran in "military terms"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless Iran is ever armed with nuclear weapons, no. Certainly not. I submit that Iran presents no serious military threat to Israel. And I would challenge you or anyone else to claim otherwise.

Of course, if Iran gets nukes, then a lot of countries, and not just Israel, will be de facto threatened, on account of the nature of the Iranian regime itself. (In any case, it is my personal speculative opinion that Iran will not be allowed to acquire nukes. But that's beside the point.)